Vitamin deficiencies and dental challenges amongst drug addicts is a global challenge causing significant social and economic burdens. Vitamin tablets, a varied diet, or toothbrushing are good solutions in theory, but not in practice. In order for them to work, it needs to be used by a regular basis.
VitaGum has developed a chewing gum that contains all essential vitamins that drug addicts need, plus active ingredients to prevent cavities and tooth decay.
The gum does the same as a good diet or toothbrushing, the thing that sets it apart is that chewing gum is a vehicle that is actually used habitually.
- Winner, Oxford Foundry All-Innovate Competition, Best Graduate Idea 2020
- Winner, Hauge Business Network Pitching Competition 2021
- Winner, Social Enterprise Awards, Oxford Hub
- Winner, Oxford Inspires Pitching Competition, 2021
- Winner, Oxford Impact Award for Enterprise and Innovation
“I joined with an idea for addressing refugee malnutrition and dental healthcare. The programme recruited a full team to make the vision come to life, and shared a series of competitions for funding that we ended up winning. “– Harriet Lester, founder of VitaGum